Get ready to spot the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile driving around Houston this week! Or even better, visit it in person.
The 27-ft. vehicle will be parked at Fiesta and Kroger stores February 10-12 in Houston and Cypress for an up-close and personal look. There’s plenty of fun including photo ops with the big hot dog, a peek inside, and free wiener whistles.
Here’s the Houston schedule:
February 10 – Fiesta
20331 FM 529 (Cypress), 9 am – noon
4711 Airline, 1 pm – 4 pm
February 11 – Fiesta
1603 Spencer Hwy, 9 am – noon
800 S. Wayside, 1 pm – 4 pm
February 12 – Kroger
20355 Cypresswood (Cypress), 1 pm – 6 pm
Curious what it’s like to drive the Wienermobile? I got the scoop from one of the Hotdoggers driving in the South. Twelve college graduates are selected from 1,000+ applicants to drive the six Wienermobiles around the country for one year.
- Miles driven: average 35,000 miles during the one-year job
- U.S. tour: 35 states during the one-year job and a new city every week
- Driving skills: Hotdoggers get more than 40 hours of behind-the-Wienermobile training by retired police officers
- Job skills: The Hotdoggers learn how to truly run a small business from the road doing their own PR and pitching media about their tour. They also make their own travel arrangements once Kraft selects the tour.
- Most memorable moment: Giving a family a ride in the Wienermobile from Make-a-Wish Foundation.
- Best part of job: Being responsible for making people smile!