Even though school has been out just a little more than a week, it’s not too early to think about getting any necessary shots and immunizations for your kids this summer. Remember the new requirements for older kids outlined here. Beat the lines and find a location near you…
Check out the Harris County Hospital District’s Troubleshooters Mobile Unit. This unit will be out and about all summer providing free shots for children age 2 months to 18 years. Parents need to bring their child’s shot record. The locations in June and July are listed below. Find the August calendar online. Hours are from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. unless noted otherwise.
- June 14, Salyers Elementary, 25705 Hardy, Spring, TX 77373
- June 15, Cobb Elementary, 915 Dell Dale, Channelview, TX 77530
- June 16, Memorial Assistance Ministries, 1625 Blalock Rd., Houston, TX 77080
- June 17, noon-4 p.m., Greenspoint Mall, 12300 N. Freeway, Houston, TX 77060
- July 11, YES Prep Gulfton West Campus, 6565 DeMoss, Houston, TX 77074
- July 12, KIPP Brays Oak Campus, 9500 West Bellfort, Houston, TX 77074
- July 13, Cobb Elementary, 915 Dell Dale, Channelview, TX 77530
- July 15, noon-4 p.m., Greenspoint Mall, 12300 N. Freeway, Houston, TX 77060
- July 18, Quail Chase Apartments, 500 Airtex, Houston, TX 77090
- July 19, Pediatric and Adolescent Health Center, 3925 Fairmont Pkwy., Pasadena, TX 77504
- July 20, C.E. King High School, 8540 C.E. King, Houston, TX 77044
- July 21, Memorial Assistance Ministries, 1625 Blalock Rd., Houston, TX 77080
- July 22, Northeast Multi Service Center, 9720 Spaulding, Houston, TX 77016
- July 23, 8 a.m.-noon, South Houston High School, 3820 S. Shaver, South Houston, TX 77587
- July 26, Thurgood Marshall Elementary, 6200 Winfield, Houston, TX 77050
- July 27, Cobb Elementary, 915 Dell Dale, Channelview, TX 77530
- July 28, 9 a.m.-noon, Willowcreek Community Center, 7575 Office City, Houston, TX 77012
- July 29, 9 a.m.-noon, North Pasadena Community Center, 705 ½ Williams St., Pasadena, TX 77503
- July 30, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Greenspoint Mall, 12300 N. Freeway, Houston, TX 77060
The Blue Cross Blue Shield Care Van offers free immunizations and health screenings to children age birth to 18 years at neighborhood schools and churches.
The Vaccine Clinic offers $10 immunizations per child (not per shot) for children from birth to 18 years. Five locations in Houston on Airline Drive (two), S. Braeswood Blvd., High Star, and Wiggins St. in Jacinto City. Walk-ins or appointments are welcome.
Thanks to Healthy Houston Kids for this tip!