Craving something sweet? Ben & Jerry’s has finally lifted the veil on its delicious edible cookie dough recipe, and we can’t wait to make some ourselves!
The recipe is just 7 ingredients, and it only takes about 15 minutes to make it. You probably have most of these ingredients on hand already. And it’s totally safe to eat as you heat treat the flour beforehand.
“Craving cookie dough? This edible cookie dough recipe has all the chocolate chip cookie dough euphoria you need, and it’s 100% safely snackable. Eggless cookie dough for the win…These edible cookie dough bites are perfect for topping your favorite Ben & Jerry’s flavors or simply gobbling by the handful,” the company wrote on its website before revealing the secret recipe.
Okay, enough talking — we’re ready to start snacking! Let’s get to the recipe.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Heat treat the flour by placing in a microwave-safe bowl and microwaving on high in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval. Repeat until flour reaches 165°F.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat together butter and sugar until “light and fluffy”.
- Add vanilla, cream, and salt, and mix to combine.
- Add the heat-treated flour and mix to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Serve and eat to your heart’s content!
The folks at Ben & Jerry’s recommend storing the dough in an airtight container for up to one week or in the freezer for up to 6 months before it expires.