Museum of Fine Arts Houston (MFAH) brings to you an entertaining weekend. MFAH events this week include virtual cinema, outdoor Zumba, and art activities to make it a week full of excitement for people of all ages. The event, which is a blend of in-person and online programs, starts on July 9.
MFAH Events this Week
MFAH Virtual Cinema
Weekly virtual film screenings are available online. For a complete list of virtual movies, visit Virtual Cinema Movie Guide. Some of the film that will be screened at the event include
- Sun Children: A social drama that considers the human rights of children. This is a story of a clever 12-year-old and his resourceful friends who struggle to survive on Tehran’s streets. A criminal hires them to find a treasure hidden underneath a school for homeless and immigrant youth. Per ticket cost is $12, and you get access to the film for seven days.
- Asia: Asia is a universal mother-daughter story. It has been Israel’s selection for the 2021 Oscar and a favorite among audiences across many film festivals. Each ticket costs $12, and you get access to the film for seven days.
- The Story of a Three-Day Pass (Available Starting July 9): A story that explores the psychology of interracial relationships, The Story of a Three-Day Pass features a Black US soldier stationed in France and who goes on leave to Paris. He gets into a whirlwind romance with a white woman. Every ticket costs $10 with access for the film for seven days.
Virtual Wellness Talk
This is a live Zoom event on Saturday, July 10, at 3 PM. It is a healthy perspective on grief and resilience and involves finding out how medical professionals deal with their reactions to loss. Additionally, the online event also highlights artworks from the MFAH collections, capturing paradoxical emotions of grief.
MFAH on the Move
This is an in-person event in the Cullen Sculpture Garden on Sunday, July 11, 11 AM. Prepare for a refreshing bilingual Zumba session with instructor Yuri Amor Perez and enjoy positivity breaks that explore global artworks.
Art Activity | Summer Art Explorers
This one is a Facebook live event. It features hunting for Houston flowers, making sketches of the flowers you find, and later creating a painting. The event begins on Friday, July 9 Noon.
Other MFAH Events this Week (Virtual)
- Chat and Chew on Thursday, July 8, 6:30 PM -7:30 PM
- History Book Club Caesar of Paris on Wednesday, July 14, 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Founded in 1900, MFAH is one of the largest museums in the United States. The museum’s permanent collection totals around 70,000 works from six continents. It has an exhibition space of over 300,000 square feet. MFAH is located at 1001 Bissonnet Houston, TX 77005 United States. For more information and tickets, click here.
For these types of fun events in the Houston area, bookmark the Entertainment section of HoustonOnTheCheap
To get similar updates delivered directly to your feed, give us a follow on Facebook by clicking the …next to the search lens icon