Galveston Farmers Market is moving to a new location and there is a fun event planned for June 27, from 9 AM to 12 PM, to celebrate the move. The new location is 28th & Market, opposite Red Light Coffee Roasters.
The event will highlight the Texas Specialty Crops of Squash, Okra, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Peppers in a celebration of the Gulf Coast Summer. In addition to featuring the best local produce, the event will also give you an opportunity to win exciting gifts and prizes!
Galveston Farmers Market Move Celebration Event – Main Attractions
The event features a range of exclusive attractions that include,
- La Cocina by Chef Mary Bass, Gypsy Joynt, and Maceo Spice & Import Company preparing some tasty foodstuffs using seasonal produce.
- Guess the number of shishitos in a jar, and stand a chance to win a spot in the upcoming in-person cooking class with Alicia Cahill of The Kitchen Chick!
- Louis Morales playing live music.
- Click a photo with your produce purchase and enter to win various fun items, including a basket of market goods and spices from Maceo Spice & Import Co, flower bouquet from Moon Dog Farms, coffee from Red Light Coffee Roasters, etc.
- Be among the first 100 people to visit the market, and get an exclusive “Oh Shishito!” commemorative shopping tote.
About Galveston’s Own Farmers Market (GOFM)
Galveston’s Own Farmers Market was started in 2012. It is a 501 (c)3 non-profit organization. It aims to connect the community to local foods through year-round weekly farmers’ markets, health and food opportunities, food access initiatives, etc. GOFM brings locally-grown produce, edible farm products, and prepared foods to Galveston’s and surrounding areas’ residents. To know more about GOFM event, click here.
Interested in getting local & fresh produce? Check out the Best Farmers’ markets in and around Houston.
And if you want to have these updates delivered directly to your feed, give us a follow on Facebook by clicking the …next to the search lens icon