Harris County is partnering with Catholic Charities to administer $30 million in financial relief to help Harris County families and individuals who need help recovering from financial distress caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Harris County COVID Relief – Program Overview
- For households located within Harris County that meet eligibility requirements
- One-time $1,500 payment to 20,000 eligible households in the Harris County
- Applicants will be randomly selected to ensure fairness. This is not a first-come, first-serve program. There is no guarantee that your application will be selected or that you will receive funds.
- Funds may be used for any emergency expenses such as healthcare, rent or mortgage, utilities, food, internet, transportation, childcare, and other past due expenses
- Households have to be within Harris County.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older, or be an emancipated minor.
- Households must demonstrate economic hardship incurred during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Household must have at least one member enrolled in a public assistance program, or total household income at or below 60% of the HUD Area Median Family Income.
- One payment will be made per family unit. If housing is shared by more than one family unit, each family unit may apply.
- As required by federal guidelines, at least one adult member of the household must be a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident, refugee, or other qualified noncitizen.
Harris County COVID Relief – Payment Distribution Details
- From July 28 – August 11, any eligible household in Harris County may apply online.
- Applicants will be selected at random using a statistical method that ensures fairness.
- Catholic Charities will receive the names, then review all applications for eligibility, work with those applicants to get the proper documentation within a short time frame, then process payment for those that are approved by December 30.
How to Apply for Harris County COVID Relief
- You can apply online from July 28 – August 11
- Following items are needed with the application
- Contact information
- Number of people in your household
- Public benefits programs that apply to you OR an estimate of monthly household income and sources and proof of household income
- Valid form of identification
- Proof of residence in Harris County
- Proof of income eligibility
- Self certification of COVID-19 impact
- For additional details, check out this page for all the details
- If you need assistance, community agencies called Navigators are available across Harris County to help you submit an application and provide other services.
Looking to save money on kids’ meals? Check out where kids eat free in Houston for each day of the week.
To get these types of updates delivered directly to your feed, give us a follow on Facebook by clicking the …next to the search icon lens.