Landry’s is hosting a job fair at the Galveston Island Convention Center. The event will be held on Wednesday, May 12 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m, where area residents are invited to inquire about a variety of positions including servers, bartenders, hosts, bussers, cooks, dishwashers, retail associates, food & beverage attendants, ride operators, housekeeping, room attendants, laundry attendants, night auditor, and grounds & maintenance crew.
This comes after multiple reports of increased job postings in the hospitality industry. According to Wall Street Journal “Employers in sectors like manufacturing, restaurants and construction are struggling to find workers. There are more job openings in the U.S. this spring than before the pandemic hit in March 2020, and fewer people in the labor force, according to the Labor Department and private recruiting sites.”
Tips For Landry’s Job Fair In Galveston
Check out tips from the HoustonOnTheCheap team to enable you to put your best foot forward.
- If you are new to the hospitality industry, check out this article on top 5 tips to prepare for an interview in hospitality
- Resumes are super important for hiring. Check out these tips for creating the best resumes for a job in hospitality
- It always helps to be knowledgeable about the interview process. Check out this link and get smart about what to expect from hiring at Landry’s
Landry’s Concepts Featuring In The Galveston Job Fair
The following Landry’s businesses are expected to have positions available in the job fair.
- The San Luis Hotel
- The Galveston Holiday Inn Resort
- Brick House Tavern & Tap
- The Hilton Galveston Island Resort
- Rainforest Café
- Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier
- Landry’s Seafood House
- Willie G’s Seafood & Steaks
- Fish Tales
- Saltgrass Steakhouse
- Bubba Gump Shrimp & Co
- Fisherman’s Wharf Seafood Grill
- Joe’s Crab Shack
Candidates may complete an employment application online at www.landryscareers.com or by texting Landry’s to 77948 prior to the job fair, or may complete an application at the event. Validated parking is available for attendees.
Additionally, any applicants hired at the job fair will receive a $250 signing bonus. The signing bonus will be distributed $100 after 30 days and $150 after 90 days.
WHEN: Wednesday, May 12 from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
WHERE: Galveston Island Convention Center Exhibit Hall A, 5600 Seawall Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77551
MORE INFO: For additional information, please visit www.landryscareers.com.
For similar news about the Houston area, bookmark the home page of HoustonOnTheCheap!