The coronavirus has the world in an uproar and with it, sports fans are at a loss. Never have we seen so many sports postponed or cancelled at the same time. Still the MLB opening season is postponed and with it, similar postponements from the Boston marathon, MLS, NBA, NHL, and Grand Prix. The XFL had to suspend the remainder of their season, as well. March Madness was cancelled, too. It’s been a rough week for sports fans. Still, there are a few sporting events that are still planned to happen. Granted, some of these sports are a little less common. That said, if you need some sports content these events will hopefully get you through the day. Luckily, you can watch all of these live sporting events from the comfort of your living room.
As you can expect, with all of the postponements and cancellations, ESPN and other sports channels will be running a lot of previously aired games. While you could certainly go that route and re-watch some old sporting events, you do have other options.
The main event you can watch this weekend is the UFC Fight Night 170 live stream. This popular event will take place without an audience live in Brazil. The main card bout is a fight between Kevin Lee and Charles Oliveira. You can watch UFC Fight Night 170 online using ESPN+. The prelims will start at 1 pm CT and the main card will start soon after, at 5 pm.
ESPN+ will actually be airing a selection of live events this weekend. They include:
- Sunwolves vs Crusaders – Super Rugby (12:30 am CT)
- Sydney FC vs Perth Glory – A League (12:55 am CT)
- Reds vs Bulls – Super Rugby (3:10 am CT)
- Melbourne City FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers FC – A League (3:25 am CT)
- Sharks vs Stormers – Super Rugby (8 am CT)
- ATK vs Chennaiyin FC – Indian Super League final (8:55 am CT)
- UFC Fight Night 170 – prelims start at 2 pm CT
- Jaguares vs Highlanders – Super Rugby (5:55 pm CT)
- Melbourne City FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers FC – W League semifinals (9:25 pm CT)
- Wellington Phoenix vs Melbourne Victory – A League (12:15 am CT)
- Adelaide United vs Newcastle Jets – A League (2:15 am CT)
Every one of these events will air live on ESPN+. Subscriptions are available for $5 per month or $50 for the year. No matter which choice you make you can cancel whenever you want.
FOX Soccer Plus
FOX Soccer Plus will also be airing a few events over the next few days. This isn’t a standard cable channel, but you can get it through a couple different streaming services. It is available as an add-on on fuboTV (free 7-day trial) and YouTube TV. Your cheapest streaming option is through fuboTV, because the add-on cost is just $6 per month. This makes the whole fuboTV package $61. YouTube TV starts at $50 a month, but the $15 add-on for FOX Soccer Plus bumps the price to $65. Either way, both services will start you off with a free trial and you can cancel anytime you want.
Events on FOX Soccer Plus include:
- Melbourne Demons vs Carlton Blues – AFL Women’s Premiership (Saturday at 3 am CT)
- Western Bulldogs vs Fremantle Dockers – AFL Women’s Premiership (Saturday at 9 pm CT)
- Adelaide Crows vs Greater Western Sydney Giants – AFL Women’s Premiership (Saturday at 11 pm CT)
- West Coast Eagles vs Gold Coast Suns – AFL Women’s Premiership (Sunday at 1 am CT)
With the cancellations or postponements from the majority of major and minor sports leagues, this is about the best we can hope for. Hopefully this gives you some sports to watch this weekend. We’ll be sure to keep you updated on when your regularly scheduled sporting events will be back.