Looking for things to do in the Houston area this summer? Baytown, Texas, located just 30 minutes east of Houston, offers local opportunities for fun and escape all summer long! There’s live entertainment, delicious food, July 4th parade, fireworks, summer camps for kids, and waterpark activities!!! Check out all the details and make plans to visit Baytown, Texas this summer!
Summer 2022 Events in Baytown, Texas near Houston – Juneteenth Celebration
The summer kicks off with the Baytown Juneteenth Celebration, the largest, free Juneteenth Celebration in the Houston area, back for its second year. Join the celebration at Bicentennial Park on Saturday, June 18, 2022, for live entertainment, food, shopping, and fun for the whole family!
Juneteenth Event Schedule for June 18, 2022:
- 4:00 PM-5:00 PM: Piano Vibes
- 5:00 PM-5:30 PM: DJ JAMAKIS
- 5:30 PM-6:30 PM: Mambo Jazz Kings
- 6:30 PM-7:00 PM: Juneteenth Ceremony
- 7:00 PM-8:15 PM: The Four Tops
- 8:15 PM-8:30 PM: DJ JAMAKIS
- 8:30 PM: Fireworks
Summer 2022 Events in Baytown, Texas near Houston – July Fourth Celebration
Save the date for Baytown’s Fourth of July celebration that features not one, but two days of free concerts, a parade, vendor shopping, eating, and fireworks.
July 4th Weekend Schedule:
Sunday, July 3rd, 2022
- 6:30 PM. – The Spazmatics
- 8:30 PM – Vanilla Ice
Monday, July 4th, 2022
- 4:00 PM – David Lee Garza
- 5:30 PM – 4th of July Parade
- 6:00 PM – Cody Hibbard
- 7:30 PM – 4th of July Ceremony
- 8:15 PM – The Band Perry
- 9:30 PM – Fireworks Extravaganza
Summer 2022 Events in Baytown, Texas near Houston – Summer Camps
If you’re looking for a place for the kids to play with other friends all summer long, the Baytown Parks and Recreation Department is introducing “Camp Wannahave Fun”! These full-day camps will include special classes taught by a professional instructor in cooking, painting, crime scene investigation, and robot building. Every week, campers will participate in a variety of activities, from arts and crafts to sports games, movies, Nintendo Switch games, Nerf target practice, and visits to Calypso Cove pool! A light breakfast and snacks will be provided, but kids will need to bring a sack lunch. Camp runs Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for $150 per week.
Also offered throughout the summer are Science Camp sessions (full and half days) at the Wetlands Center (sponsored by Chevron Phillips). Each week campers will explore a different topic such as ecosystems, butterflies and birds, nature crafts, fishing, the world of water, the great outdoors, space and stars, geology, the science of plants, the world of insects, and wilderness survival. There will be two special sessions at the Community Center focused on the science of sports and hands-on learning about all the different jobs within the Parks and Recreation department. Full-day Science Camp runs Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for $150 per week and half-day camps are from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. for $75.
Summer 2022 Events in Baytown, Texas near Houston – Pirate’s Bay Waterpark
If you are wondering “What is there to do in Baytown for kids?”, look no further than Pirate’s Bay where you can enjoy a day of fun for the whole family! Pirate’s Bay Waterpark covers more than 7-acres and has attractions for all ages. This family-friendly resort-style park has a lazy river, various slide towers, a wave pool, FlowRider, and the first NinjaCross in North America. Tickets range from $12 to $30.
Season Pass Packages:
- Family Pass | $350.00
- Individual Pass | $100
- Weekday Pass | $60.00
Season Pass Perks:
- Enter the park 10 minutes before general admission every day
- Season Pass Private Party: Monday, August 1st at 8 pm
- Buddy Pass Mondays: every Monday (all day), every season pass holder may bring in 1 guest
- Free admission to special events
Pirate’s Bay’s special events are scheduled throughout the summer for only $5 admission for non-pass holders. Itty Bitty Beach parties are for children five and under and their parents or guardians. The front play area, lazy river, and island are open for our smallest pirates to play from 8:00 a.m.- 10:00 a.m. on select Wednesdays. A great choice for things to do in baytown tx with kids!
Itty Bitty Beach Parties:
- June 8
- June 22
- July 6
- July 20
Special Pirates Celebrations are specifically set aside for families of special needs children and adults. You will have the park to explore, ride the waves, slip down the slides, and so much more! These events will be from 7:30 p.m.- 10:00 p.m. on select Mondays.
Special Needs Nights:
- June 13
- June 27
- July 11
- July 25
- August 8
Pirate Party Nights are designated after-hours events held every Thursday night throughout the summer! Party Nights will be from 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. or at the end of the dive-in movie, whichever comes last. During Pirate Party Nights, all other rides and attractions will be closed.
Pirate Party Night Schedule:
- June 2 – Come join the FIESTA & enjoy our special feature Encanto!
- June 9 – Join the Pirates Bay staff for a classic BACKYARD POOL PARTY in the wave pool with our rocking DJ & yard games!
- June 16 – NEON themed pool party featuring Sing 2!
- June 23 – Love the water? Come join us for the World’s Largest Swim Lesson and then take a splash UNDER THE SEA with Luca!
- June 30 – LUAU party (more details to follow)
- July 7 – Let’s Roll! … into the wave pool & tag along with the Addams Family 2 on their family road trip
- July 14 – RAWR! Taking it back to Disney Classics, join us for the original Lion King.
- July 21 – Join some of our local HEROS during our Touch A Truck event and then stay to watch our seven favorite HEROS on the screen: Paw Patrol The Movie!
- July 28 – Boot Scootin’ Boogie! Join the Pirates Bay staff for some COUNTRY music & line dancing.
- August 4 – Beat the buzzer and score one last splash before summertime ends featuring Space Jam: A New Legacy!
Plan your waterpark visit at https://baytown.org/piratesbay
For even more things to do in Baytown, read our newly published Baytown Voice (link: https://www.baytown.org/1022/Baytown-Voice-Magazine) magazine online. The Baytown Voice is a publication dedicated to the voice of the City of Baytown. Inside the Summer 2022 Activity Guide, you will find a detailed list of all the activities and programs Baytown Parks and Recreation has to offer.
This is a sponsored post. We only accept sponsored content that we believe offers great value to our loyal readers in the greater Houston area. Sponsored content allows Houston On The Cheap to manage the expenses of running this website and to work tirelessly to bring you extensive coverage of the area’s best deals and events. If your organization is interested in sponsoring content on our site, click here to learn how you can advertise with us.