Ready for some 16th-century fun at the nation’s largest Renaissance festival? ‘Now in its 48th year, the Texas Renaissance Festival kicks off on Saturday, Oct. 8, in Houston.
But before we get into that, let’s cover some of the logistics. The Texas Renaissance Festival runs from the second weekend of October through each weekend through November 27 (Thanksgiving Friday). As always, there are tons of fun activities, delicious food, and good times to be had for all.
Deal Alert: – Save 50% On Houston Museums & Other Top Attractions
The CityPASS is the best way to enjoy museums and other popular attractions around Houston. It offers prepaid admission to five must-see attractions including Space Center Houston, Downtown Aquarium, Houston Museum of Natural Science, Houston Zoo OR Museum of Fine Arts Houston, Kemah Boardwalk OR Children’s Museum of Houston.
Child passes valid for ages 3–11; adult passes valid for ages 12 and up. Definitely among the smartest things to do in Houston! Click here to Save 50% on Admission at Houston Attractions!!!
Texas Renaissance Festival 2022 – What to Expect
The 2022 Texas Renaissance Festival is sure to be a unique and memorable experience! Guests can expect an enchanted world full of kings and queens, knights and nobles, fairies and elves, pirates and peasants, and other fantastical delights in a mystical kingdom.
With jousting matches, 200 daily performances, international cuisine, thousands of costumed characters, human-powered rides, and games of skill — there is truly something for everyone! That’s why it’s regularly one of the most popular things to do in Houston on the weekend when it’s going on.
Deal Alert – Get up to 64% discount on a 90-minute Wine Education Class at The Cellar Door in Katy
The 90-minute class introduces participants to wine-tasting methods and the subtle nuances of flavor in varietals like pinot noir and chardonnay.
Beneath the a mural of a Tuscan vineyard in The Cellar Door’s banquet room, beginners learn how to taste wine, pair wine with food, and identify the nuances of major varietals such as chardonnay, pinot noir, and malbec. The hands-on wine-education classes—led by one of the winery owners, either a winemaker or a sommelier—are held every Saturday at 3 p.m. Though this deal does not include wine samples, customers may purchase them for an additional fee.
Get your crew together and book your Wine Tasting Class at The Cellar Door TODAY!!!
Texas Renaissance Festival 2022 – Themed Weekends
- October 8, 9 – Oktoberfest: Travel back in time to the days of old Bavaria as the King and Queen of Bavaria kick off the Festival season with a party celebrating the finest wurst (and beer)
- October 15, 16 – 1001 Dreams: The alleys of New Market Village will be enchanted by the presence of faeries, elves, and other fantastical creatures.
- October 22, 23 – Pirate Adventure: Avast, Ye Hearties! Heave to and come ashore for the most piratical party of the seven seas!
- October 29, 30 – All Hallows Eve: Ghouls and ghosts arrive for some scary good fun! Enter our Halloween costume contest for a chance to win “Spooktacular” prizes.
- November 5, 6 – Heroes & Villains: The mightiest heroes and heroines clash with the darkest of villains and vixens from history and legend.
- November 12, 13 – Barbarian Invasion: Join the Great Horde and feast, drink, and plunder your way through the village during this barbaric rumpus.
- November 19, 20 – Highland Fling: Lads and lassies – the pipes are calling you to a celebration of the joys of Scotland.
- November 25, 26, and 27 – Celtic Christmas: Father Christmas, Mother Christmas, and all the Christmas elves welcome children of all ages to our final three-day celebration of the coming Yule-tide season.
Look like a Queen! Check out Deals on Highly-rated Beauty and Spa places in Houston
Check out current discounts at highly rated Face & Skin Care places, Spas, Massages, Salons, and more across Houston! Sometimes you can save as much as 75%, so make sure you check these deals on a regular basis and SAVE BIG while taking care of yourself!
Participating businesses include Gangnam Spa, The Healing Path Massage, West Lake Body Sculpting, and more!
Get more information and check out Current deals at highly-rated Beauty and Spa places in Houston!
Texas Renaissance Festival 2022 – Location, Tickets & More
Renaissance Festival Texas Address
While the journey to the enchanted kingdom can feel like a trip through the Dark Realms of Mordor, be patient with the traffic. The site is located at 21778 Farm to Market 1774 in Todd Mission, Texas — about an hour outside of Houston.
Texas Renaissance Festival 2022 – Tickets
- Ticket sales are date specific and can be purchased on the Texas Renaissance Festival website.
- Premium Ticket- This is an any-day ticket. Valid for one day only. $40 + fees.
- Season Passes for adults start at $300 and season passes for children start at $100
- Kids 12 and Under are FREE every Sunday
For more details, check out the Tickets Page!
Stay on top of all the fun events and activities in Houston with our weekly updates to Things to do in Houston this Week, Things to do in Houston this Weekend, Things to do in Houston this weekend with family, and Things to do in Galveston this Weekend
And to get these updates directly delivered to your feed, give us a follow on Facebook by clicking on the …next to the search lens icon