Ozarka Brand National Spring Water created a fun campaign encouraging Texans to share why they love where they live. Texans are proud of their state and love to tell others about it. I’m excited to partner with Ozarka water and share my favorites in the community as well as Ozarka’s favorite local brands.
I am a native Texan — living the first half of my life in Austin and the second half in Houston. Even though I love traveling to Colorado, New England, and other areas of the country, I can’t imagine not living in Texas.
Ozarka Brand National Spring Water actually comes from three Texas springs and has a uniquely Texan fresh taste. Ozarka is inviting folks to share what they love about their community. Here are a few of my favorite things about Houston:
- Quirky venues — Where else can you find spots like the local Beer Can House or Art Car Museum? These eccentric places are perfect to share with tourists — and visit yourself!
- Street art — Thanks to artists like Gonzo247, Wiley and a host of others, Houston has plenty of beautiful street art and iconic murals. They reveal so much about our culture and community.
- Museum district — Houston is blessed with 19 museums placed in four walkable zones. Many are free every day while others have designated free hours. There is something for everyone, ranging from science to photography, health, art, children activities, and more.
- Green spaces — Our city is filled with trees, parks, and trails to explore outdoors. From downtown Discovery Green to Buffalo Bayou, Houston Arboretum and Nature Center to Memorial Park. Even our dogs can play at designated dog parks!
- Friendly people — Houstonians have a heart and pitch in when floods, storms, or other disasters strike the city. Neighbors unite to help when others are down. It’s always the positive side to local tragedies.
From Texas With Love
Ozarka has pulled together its own favorite things about Texas — products made in Texas that you can enjoy in your home or picnic at the park. These would be a hit for a picnic dinner before Shakespeare in the Park at Miller Outdoor Theater this summer — or any free event at Houston’s fantastic parks or outdoor venues. I enjoyed receiving this box of Texas products to get introduced to even more great things about Texas.
Here is a glimpse of the Texas items Ozarka hand-picked:
- Paqui is an Austin brand featuring unique ingredients for its tortillas and tortilla chips, such as fire-roasted jalapenos, fresh cilantro leaves and pumpkin!
- Another Austin product, Yellowbird Sauce makes habanero sauces that are a great addition to tacos, burgers, fish, sushi and more!
- Snow’s BBQ, named the Best in Texas by Texas Monthly, can be used as a dipping sauce, marinade, or brush-on sauce.
- The Jelly Queens produce gourmet jams, jellies, spices and sauces in Dallas and Austin. Products are handmade with locally grown Texas ingredients, when possible, in small batches. The Black Garlic Rosemary BBQ Sauce in the box certainly has a unique flavor!
- Taste Elevated makes Sweet & Spicy Mustard Seeds in Castroville, which can be used as a condiment on hot dogs or sandwiches or in dishes such as meatloaf for some sweet and heat.
- For an authentic queso, try Queso con Salsa Escabeche by Austin’s Cookwell & Company. They blend cheddar and blue cheeses with diced jalapenos, fresh-squeezed lime juice, fire-roasted tomatoes and onions.
Ozarka wants to encourage you to share what you love about where you live. Please leave a comment with your favorite things about Houston, the state of Texas or wherever you call home.
This is a sponsored post by Ozarka Brand National Spring Water. All opinions are my own.