We’re all spending a lot more time at home right now as we practice social distancing, but just because you’re stuck indoors doesn’t mean you can’t explore amazing attractions all across the globe. And with HISD and other Texas school districts starting the upcoming school year with online-only classes, traditional field trips are out for the time being. Thanks to these virtual field trip options, you can tour some of the world’s most incredible museums, zoos, natural attractions, and more.
Visit the zoo
Tune into live webcams at zoos all across the world! Many zoos have multiple webcams available streaming live from various exhibits. From the Houston Zoo’s giraffe cam to elephant cams at the San Diego Zoo to polar bear cub cams in the Netherlands, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
- Houston Zoo
- San Diego Zoo
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute
- Zoo Atlanta’s Panda Cam
- Reid Park Zoo Lion (Arizona)
- Ouwehand Park Polar Bear Cubs (Netherlands)
Check out the world’s top museums
Get a little culture by virtually exploring museums all across the globe. You’ll see some of the best art galleries and artifacts out there all from the comfort of your home.
- The Louvre Museum in Paris
- National Museum of Nature and Science in Japan
- Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam
- National Gallery of Art in Washington DC
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- National Archaeological Museum of Naples
- Uffizi Gallery in Florence, Italy
Explore aquariums across the country
Explore marine life with your kids at these aquariums that offer virtual tours of their exhibits.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Tropical Reef Aquarium (Long Beach)
- Georgia Aquarium
- National Aquarium
- Seattle Aquarium
Visit the world’s most amazing attractions
The world is full of natural and manmade wonders, and now you can have the best seat to all of them without having to deal with other tourists.
- Google Maps street view and Google Earth let you see just about any place on Earth, from the peak of Yosemite National Park’s El Capitan Mountain to the archaeological areas of Pompei.
- Ellis Island
- The Great Wall of China
- Yellowstone National Park
- Colonial Williamsburg.
Go to outer space
Once you’ve toured the globe, blast off into outer space to see what lies beyond. With Access Mars, you can get a 360-degree view of Mars’ surface of Mars that was recorded using NASA’s Curiosity rover.
Know of any other great virtual field trips? Share them with us by commenting below.