Can you believe it? The 2020 MLB playoffs are here, and the Astros are once again a part of the postseason action as they look to win the ALCS and advance to the World Series! This season has been quite different from years past with an abbreviated 60-game regular season before heading into the playoffs, but it’s still been fun to watch. If you’re an Astros fan, you don’t want to miss a single pitch. But with most of the games airing on cable TV, how can you watch the Astros without paying a ton for cable television?
Thankfully, there are now legal, convenient ways you can watch Houston Astros games online without cable using streaming services. You’ll be able to stream Astros games at home on your TV or on the go on your devices with these great options detailed below. Plus, you’ll save a ton by not paying for cable TV, which now runs well over $100 a month on average!
Read on to learn about the best ways to watch the Houston Astros online without cable.
What Channels Do Astros Games Air On?
Before we talk about how to stream Astros games this season, let’s take a quick look at which channels you’ll need:
- AT&T SportsNet Southwest–This is absolutely the most important channel to have as they air nearly every Astros game in the regular season here in the Houston market. Without this channel, you won’t really be able to watch many Astros games in you live in the area. The good news is there are ways to watch AT&T SportsNet Southwest online without cable.
- FOX–A few games this season will air nationally on FOX. This is a channel you can get free with an antenna, but there are also plenty of ways to watch FOX online without cable.
- MLB Network–A small number of Astros games will air on MLB Network this season. Again, this is another channel you can easily stream without cable.
- ESPN–Some games this season may air on ESPN. You can easily watch ESPN online as well.
For more info on channel listings for Astros games, make sure to check out our guide to the Houston Astros TV schedule.
Now, let’s talk about the streaming services you can use to watch Houston Astros online free or cheap.
Watch Houston Astros Games Live Streaming on fuboTV
Without a doubt, the best way to watch the Astros without cable is with fuboTV(free 7-day trial).
fuboTV is a streaming service that offers over 100 live channels, including AT&T SportsNet Southwest, all of the key ESPN networks, MLB Network (starting mid-July), FOX, FS1, FOX News, MSNBC, TLC, HGTV, and so many other channels, including your local networks.
The most important thing here is that fuboTV is currently the only streaming service to offer AT&T SportsNet Southwest, so if you’re someone who wants to watch the majority of the Astros games throughout the season, this is really your only viable option in the Houston market.
You can stream fuboTV on TVs (using Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, etc.), phones, tablets, and computers. The service also includes a ton of on-demand content and the option for a cloud-based DVR.
Like other streaming services, fuboTV has no contract and no hidden fees. Just pay month to month and cancel any time you want.
The best part? There’s a free 7-day trial which gives you a week to test out the service to see if you like it. That means you can watch Houston Astros live online free for a full week.
Are There Other Ways to Watch Astros Games Online?
While fuboTV is far and away the most complete option for streaming Astros games as it’s the first service of its kind to carry AT&T SportsNet Southwest, there are some other options that will let you watch at least some of the games:
- Hulu Live—Offers ESPN, FOX, and FS1 for catching the occasional nationally-aired Astros game.
- Vidgo—Offers ESPN, FOX, and FS1 for catching the occasional Astros game.
- Sling TV—Offers ESPN, MLB Network, FOX, and FS1 for catching the occasional Astros game.
- YouTube TV—Offers ESPN, FOX, and FS1 for catching the occasional Astros game.
Have any questions about how to watch Houston Astros games online? Let us know by commenting below.