As the 2020-2021 NBA season gets underway, fans might be wondering how they can watch all the basketball games. Do you need a costly cable or satellite TV package to catch all the action? Or is there a cheaper way to watch NBA games without cable?
Thankfully, it’s very easy to stream NBA games online without cable or satellite TV. Thanks to numerous streaming services that have come out in recent years, you can easily watch NBA online free or cheap without cable. Streaming services are much more affordable than the average cable package, have no contracts, and have no hidden fees. Just like with Netflix, you can cancel these services any time you want without penalty.
Read on to find out how to watch NBA games online free or cheap this season.
What NBA Channels Do You Need to Watch Basketball Online?
Before we talk specifics about how to watch basketball online, let’s look at the channels you’ll need so you don’t miss any action throughout the 2020-2021 NBA season. Here’s a quick breakdown:
- Regional Sports Networks–These are very important channels to have as they will air most of your local team’s games during the season. So if you’re a Rockets fan living in the Houston area, you’ll probably want to make certain the streaming service you choose carries AT&T SportsNet Southwest. If you’re a fan of a different team in another city, your favorite NBA team in your area will probably have games airing on regional FOX Sports or NBC Sports channels. Fortunately, you can watch AT&T SportsNet Southwest online and other regional sports networks without cable or satellite.
- ESPN–Some basketball games this season and postseason will air on ESPN. You can watch ESPN online without cable as well. The occasional game may also air on ESPN2. So you definitely want ESPN if you plan to stream NBA games.
- ABC–Some high profile games this season and the NBA playoffs live stream will air nationally on ABC. You’ll also need ABC if you want to watch the NBA Finals. You might be able to pick up ABC free with an antenna depending on where your home is located, but there are also ways to watch ABC online without cable.
- NBA TV–This channel is all basketball, all the time, and it will air some games throughout the season. It’s a decent channel in your lineup to watch NBA online.
- TNT–This Turner channel airs several NBA games throughout the week.
Now, let’s take a closer look at the streaming services you can use to watch NBA online without cable.
Watch NBA Online with Hulu Live
Hulu Live (7-day free trial) comes with over 60 live channels, including ESPN, ABC, TNT, regional sports networks, and more. The only thing missing is NBA TV which airs the occasional game throughout the season, but overall, Hulu Live a great option to watch NBA online without cable.
With Hulu Live, you can test out the service for a week with a 7-day free trial. If you’re not satisfied, cancel before your trial is over and you won’t be charged a thing.
Many great features are included with your Hulu Live package, including access to a number of TV Everywhere apps, a huge on-demand library, cloud DVR, and more.
You can stream simultaneously on multiple devices at the same time, so the whole family can watch what they want when they want. You’ll be able to stream live TV on Roku, Apple TV, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, computers, and other devices.
Click here to try Hulu Live free for one week and watch NBA online free for 7 days!
Watch NBA Games Online on fuboTV
One good way to watch NBA online without cable this season is with fuboTV (free 7-day trial) — the ultimate sports streaming service.
fuboTV is a live streaming service that comes with a robust package of more than 100 top channels, including regional sports networks, ESPN, NBA TV, regional sports networks, and tons more. The only thing missing for NBA fans is TNT which airs some national games each week. fuboTV also includes your local broadcast stations in most markets.
You can get the fuboTV app on your TV (with a connected Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, or other streaming device), phones, tablets, and computers. The service also boasts features like on-demand libraries of content and an optional cloud-based DVR which is great for recording games.
fuboTV has no contract and no hidden fees. Just pay for the service month to month for as long as you’d like to use it, and you can always cancel any time you want.
Want to learn more? There’s a free 7-day trial that gives you a whole week to test out the service to see if you like it.
Are There Other Ways to Watch NBA Games Online?
- Sling TV—Offers ESPN, NBA TV, TNT and some regional sports networks for catching some NBA games this season.
- Vidgo—Offers ESPN and ABC for watching some NBA games.
- YouTube TV—Offers ESPN, ABC, TNT, and some regionals for catching some NBA games this year.
Have any questions about how to watch NBA online? Comment below and we’ll try to help.