Are you itching to get out and have some fun while staying safe and socially distant?
With the unofficial start of summer underway, now is a great time to get outdoors and have some fun, and thanks to the Riva Row Boat House in The Woodlands, you can get outside and have a great time while cooling off on the water with their brand new water bikes.
The all-new floating bikes became available for rental just last week, allowing visitors to pedal around The Woodlands Waterway all the way out to the edge of Lake Woodlands.
“We are happy to announce the new addition of water bikes to the Riva Row Boat House – especially now that we are entering Phase Two of the governor’s orders of Opening Up Texas,” said Township Chairman Gordy Bunch. “We look forward to our residents coming out and enjoying one of more attractive features in The Woodlands (The Woodlands Waterway) and enjoying the outdoors in The Woodlands.”
“The Explorer” model pedal-powered water bikes will be available on the lower level of the waterway alongside the kayaks and paddleboards that are also available for rent.
If you’d like to rent a water bike, there are a few rules you should know:
- Single-person weight limit of 350 lbs.
- No glass or alcohol allowed
- No pets allowed
- Riders must wear life jackets at all times
- Riders must pedal only from a forward-facing, seated position
- Ages 10 and up can ride when accompanied by a parent or guardian in another boat; ages 16 and up can ride alone
- During Phases I and II of the reopening of the state, the boathouse is operating by reservation only to protect customers and employees
Water bike rentals are $25 an hour. Other options at the Riva Row Boat House include single kayaks ($15/hour), tandem kayaks ($20/hour), stand-up paddleboards ($20/hour), and swan pedal boats ($25/hour).
For more information, visit The Woodlands Township website.