This year’s Moody Gardens Festival of Lights promises to be more enchanting than ever, with over two million lights illuminating the gardens and creating a mesmerizing spectacle. Held from November 18 to January 6 next year, the Moody Gardens Lights are a must-see for families and visitors of all ages. Visitors can stroll along a mile-long trail adorned with twinkling lights, animated displays, and festive scenes. Here’s everything everyone needs to know about the Moody Gardens Festival of Lights 2023!
And, if you want to check out more places with Christmas light shows, check out our article on Best Christmas Lights Houston 2023!
Moody Gardens Festival of Lights 2023 – A Guide to the Most Enchanting Holiday Lights in Houston
As the year draws to a close, the Moody Gardens in Galveston, Texas, transforms into a winter wonderland with its annual Festival of Lights. This year’s festival features a variety of new and exciting attractions, that are sure to enchant visitors of all ages.
Moody Gardens Festival of Lights 2023 Things to See and D0
- Moody Gardens Ice Land: Embark on a frosty adventure through ICE LAND, an awe-inspiring walk-through ice sculpture experience. Marvel at over 2 million pounds of intricately carved ice sculptures that bring holiday stories to life.
- Festival of Lights Moody Gardens: Be mesmerized by the Festival of Lights, a dazzling display of over 2 million lights synchronized to festive music. Stroll through the gardens, where every turn reveals a breathtaking scene of illuminated trees, sparkling pathways, and captivating light displays.
- The Arctic Slide: Experience the thrill of the Arctic Slide, a thrilling ice slide that’s perfect for the whole family. Take an exhilarating ride down the snowy slopes, surrounded by the enchanting glow of holiday lights.
- Ice Skating Rink: Enjoy the timeless tradition of ice skating, surrounded by the magical ambiance of the Festival of Lights.
- Train Rides: Take a nostalgic journey through the beautifully lit gardens aboard the Festival of Lights Train Rides. Relax and enjoy the enchanting scenery as the train chugs along, passing through tunnels of lights and whimsical holiday displays.
- Pictures with Santa: Capture cherished memories with Santa Claus at the Festival of Lights. Bring your family and friends for a heartwarming visit with Santa!
- Fireside S’Mores: Gather around the cozy fireside for a delightful treat of Nightly Fireside S’Mores. Roast marshmallows to perfection and enjoy the warmth under the Moody Garden Lights!
- A Christmas Wish Holiday Show: Be captivated by a heartwarming musical production that celebrates the spirit of the season. Sing along to beloved carols and let the melodies fill you with joy as the story unfolds.
- Have Breakfast with Santa: Start your day by enjoying a delicious breakfast buffet and spend quality time with Santa and his elves, creating unforgettable memories for the whole family.
- Nightly Holiday Buffets: Indulge in a variety of delectable holiday-themed dishes at the Nightly Holiday Buffets. Savor the flavors of the season as you gather with loved ones to enjoy a festive feast.
Moody Gardens Hours and Dates
This year, you can enjoy all of the Moody Gardens events from November 18, 2023, to January 6, 2024. Hours are subject to change so you can check out the specific attraction hours of operation for any attraction you want to see here. To go the extra mile in planning your visit to the Moody Gardens Festival of Lights, we recommend checking out the Schedule and Crowd Forecast.
Moody Gardens Festival of Lights 2023 Pricing
There are so many ways to enjoy the Moody Gardens Lights this year and you can purchase the Holiday Pass, Festival of Lights Trail, and ICE LAND Holiday tickets here.
Cost: $27 – $75 per adult; $21 – $50 per child (4 years old to 12 years old)
Holiday Pass: Includes ICE LAND, Festival of Lights, 4 trips down the Arctic Slide (must be 36″ or taller), the Skating Rink, one trip on the Kiddie Train (must be 48″ and under), Aquarium Pyramid, one 3D Film and one 4D Film!
Festival of Lights Trail: Includes Ice skating and 4 trips down the Arctic Slide (must be 36″ or taller)
ICE LAND: Skate rentals must be purchased separately.
Of course, the Moody Gardens Festival of Lights and ICE LAND are included in the Value Pass which includes the following attractions: The Aquarium & Rainforest Pyramids, the Discovery Museum, One 3D and 4D theater selection, One 20,000 Leagues Interactive Adventure, Colonel Paddlewheel Boat (weather permitting) and Ropes Course on the day of purchase if available.
Cost: $95 – $100 per adult; $75 – $80 per child (4 years old to 12 years old)
Stay on top of all the fun events and activities in Houston with our weekly updates to Things to Do in Houston this Week, Things to Do in Houston this Weekend, and Things to Do in Galveston this Weekend.
And to get these updates directly delivered to your feed, give us a follow on Facebook by clicking on the …next to the search lens icon.