Ready for some 16th-century fun at the nation’s largest Renaissance festival? ‘Now in its 47th year, the Texas Renaissance Festival kicked off nine themed weekends on Saturday, Oct. 9, in Houston.
But before we get into that, let’s cover some of the logistics. The Texas Renaissance Festival runs from the second weekend of October through each weekend through November 28. Things will obviously be a bit different this year with the COVID-19 pandemic, but the show is going on with tons of fun activities, delicious food, and good times to be had for all.
You will also like – Dickens on the Strand Festival Coming to Galveston this December!
We’re going to tell you everything you need to know about the festival, including how to get there, how to save money on tickets, and more.
Texas Renaissance Festival 2021 – What to Expect
The 2021 Texas Renaissance Festival is sure to be a unique and memorable experience! With jousting matches, 200 daily performances, international cuisine, thousands of costumed characters, human-powered rides, and games of skill — there is truly something for everyone! That’s why it’s regularly one of the most popular things to do in Houston on the weekend when it’s going on.
Texas Renaissance Festival Themed Weekends for 2021
- October 9, 10 – Oktoberfest: Journey back in time to old Bavaria as the King and Queen open the Festival season with a celebration of the best of the wurst (and the bier)!
- October 16, 17 – 1001 Dreams: Faeries, elves and other fanciful creatures bring enchantment to the lanes of New Market Village.
- October 23, 24 – Pirate Adventure: Avast, Ye Hearties! Heave to and come ashore for the most piratical party of the seven seas!
- October 30, 31 – All Hallows Eve: Ghouls and ghosts arrive for some scary good fun! Enter our Halloween costume contest for a chance to win “Spooktacular” prizes.
- November 6, 7 – Heroes & Villains: The mightiest heroes and heroines clash with the darkest of villains and vixens from history and legend.
- November 13, 14 – Barbarian Invasion: Join the Great Horde and feast, drink, and plunder your way through the village during this barbaric rumpus.
- November 20, 21 – Highland Fling: Lads and lassies – the pipes are calling you to a celebration of the joys of Scotland.
- November 26, 27, 28 – Celtic Christmas: Father Christmas, Mother Christmas, and all the Christmas elves welcome children of all ages to our final three-day celebration of the coming Yule-tide season.
For more information about anything festival related, visit TexRenFest.com.
Texas Renaissance Festival 2021 – Location, Tickets & More
While the journey to the enchanted kingdom can feel like a trip through the Dark Realms of Mordor, be patient with the traffic. The site is located at 21778 Farm to Market 1774 in Todd Mission, Texas — about an hour outside of Houston.
Ticket sales are date specific and can be purchased on the Texas Renaissance Festival website.
Tickets for children ages 12 and under are half-price on Saturdays and free on Sundays. General admission tickets purchased at the gate will cost $30 for adults and $15 for children on Saturday and $25 for adults on Sunday. Most attractions, rides and experiences require additional tickets, costs or specific instructions, so please check website for details.
Continue the fun in December with Dickens on the Strand festival at the Historic Galveston Island!
Also remember to check out our latest update on the Best Fall Festivals in Houston in 2021!
And to get these types of updates delivered directly to you feed, give us a follow on Facebook by clicking the … next to the search lens.